Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow day .. work from home...

Well unlike Carol I don't get the day off completely but I am working from home so I don't have to drive through this crazy storm. It's really not the snow that bothers me, as I have all wheel drive and I drive carefully, but the other drivers scare me so I avoid storm driving, especially early in the season like this when people aren't used to it yet.

So I'm home, working - I figure I will work till 3 straight with only short breaks then I will be done for the day, and I can continue watching ER season 1 while stitching/knitting or whatever.

I worked on the harry potter scarf a little last night since I didn't get a chance at lunch time yesterday. Almost done with stripe 8. This weekend I'll be home sporadically but should have some car driving time to knit if we go down to CT to visit family a bit. I also have to finish up my christmas cards this weekend so i can mail them out monday. I have 10 done so i have about 15 more to go and I should be set (that's 3 more designs I have to come up with).

Then at some point I want to stop by home depot and pick up some tiles to make coasters out of, They come out really cool and i think they will be good christmas gifts for a few people. I know I would love a nice set of good coasters myself and real artistically made coasters can run 30 dollars generally. Plus another craft .. win win :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad you stayed safe at home :-) We wandered out to Applebee's around 5 PM after the snow ended. We were lucky, I guess, to get all snow/no rain - the roads weren't bad at all once the snow shut off.