Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I hope all those that celebrated it had a very Merry Christmas! I sure loved my little 4 day vacation and I'm looking forward to another in 3 days :)

My boyfriend and I went home for the weekend, driving out friday night to hang out with my parents (I should really say evening as we left around 2 or 3 I think). We had dinner when my sister and her boyfriend arrived and a relaxing evening cleaning out my parent's liquor cabinet - luckily it wasn't very full :)

Saturday was a relax and sleep in day then head down to my boyfriend's parent's house for dinner. Sunday we did presents and then headed out to see my great grandmother and then off to my grandparent's for dinner and presents with my mom's side of the family. My parents really spoiled us this year, I got so many great gifts from everyone!

Well Christmas evening with the boyfriend's over again we started on the newly refilled liquor cabinet (not me but everyone else) and they polished off a few bottles of liquor with shots (that's between 6 people). It was a long night and an even longer morning with everyone recuperating (i felt fine).

We finally headed home around 6:30 after watching Cold Mountain (which I liked) and watched Star Wars III at home before crashing off to bed.

The best part of my vacation was yesterday, I slept late then I got to go through all the christmas presents and find places for them, enjoy them again, I got a lot of books, a couple cross stitch books (including the best of TW which is something I always wanted but would never buy myself because I don't know that i'd stitch any of them), but now I have it :) Then I went through all my cross stitch patterns and updated my database so now I know I have over 300 patterns in binders alone (so that doesn't count my kits or my patterns that don't fit in binders (like TW's). That's a little more than I thought I had but does include freebies that I intend to stitch.

Organization was the name of the game yesterday so after the cross stitch I moved on to christmas stuff, it never got put out this year, no tree or anything, just didn't have the time (or space really), so i went through and reorganized my decorations (old and new) into some new containers I bought for storage and I'm left with just a small pile that needs a box so I figure I can pick one up some place during the sales this week (friday).

Finally it was time to relax so I put dinner in the oven and got out Green Old Gardens, I collected all the floss for it and wound it on to bobbins then started stitching it. I didn't get much done on it but enough to feel like I got a start and can pick it up again no problem. Then I started working on the new Dragon Dreams ornament freebie that was up for a short time, it's a dragon with a stocking and I have the stocking almost stitched. Getting an early start for next year while I'm still in the holiday mood!

Well this is long so I won't bore anyone one any longer... just stitching updates:

Almost finished with Harry Potter Scarf - the knitting is done, now I'm sewing in the tales and then I have to do the "finishing"
Finished that hat for my sister last week and she loved it :) Forgot to take a picture :(
Started the two new cross stitch pieces yesterday - hopefully next week I'll be pulling out some WIPS to work on during lunch breaks when my knitting is on break for a month !

No comments: