Thursday, December 15, 2005

A new hat started...

I decided last night to start a new hat for my sister for christmas. I hope to maybe finish or almost finish the harry potter scarf this weekend leaving me plenty of time to finish this hat next week. The only problem is I have to buy size 10 double pointed needles to finish it as I'm knitting it in the round on 10 1/2 circulars that will not decrease at all so just another reason to stop at joann's this weekend.

Tonight is a stitch night, I hope to finish the Silent Night ornament and maybe start the second pickle ornament. If i can get that done by sunday I will have all 4 ornaments done and maybe I can finish them up.

I was going to stop knitting after the harry potter/sister's hat were finished but there's one more hat I want to make for myself this year. I will most likely wait a little while to start it but it's purple, a mixture of plain purple yarn and a matching fun fur yarn. I got the fun fur stuff on sale and I think it will make a cute hat mixed with the other.

Tomorrow night I babysit my cousins - all 3 of the little ones. They are good kids so I'm really glad I get to see them so much, putting them to bed is another story though! We'll see how it goes. I do hope to bring my knitting and get some of that done after they're down but I don't have my hopes up as usually I just fall asleep after that whole ritual!

No comments: