Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My internet at home is still not working.. I was not able to get my pictures up for today either! Really I should have pictures in tomorrows post, maybe even some more ornaments finished.

This past weekend was nice and relaxing, I spent it with family (little cousins). Then Sunday I finished up my christmas shopping and wrapped presents. Then I did the framing I had to do and started making ornaments.. which is a bit tricky. I started with fabric glue but that really didn't work well, the hot glue gun worked better but adding the trim around the outside looks a little messy with the glue gun. Hopefully my next couple ornaments will come out better, I have 2 finished (the ones for my mom and sister), I have 2 ornaments to make for my aunt to give to her thursday and then I have the matching penguin ornament for myself to make.

Last night I did the prep work on my tiles to make into coasters. I just had to spray a few coats of fixative on them. Then I picked out the stamp sets I'm going to use. I have 2 sets of 4 I want to make as gifts, and then I might make 4 more as a backup gift. It's pretty simple to do, I simply stamp the images on with Staz On ink. Wait for that to dry, color in the images with pastels. Stipple the edge with some brown ink and then spray a matte finish over top and let dry. I figure I can get those all finished tonight and maybe also finish making my ornaments which really don't take long.

For Christmas that will leave only the following:
Finish knitting hat for my sister
Finish the harry potter scarf (i have about 2 stripes left to go and then the tassels)

That's it - maybe even doable!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I am coordinating a Mirablia SAL for January 1st (ish) - everyone is pretty much starting when they please... was wondering if you wanted to join in so you could do Winter in my Garden? We would love to have you! You can join via the link in my sidebar.... It is a wonderful group - no rules! Well one rule... you need to have a Mirabilia project going :-)