Thursday, November 17, 2005

The quilt is finished ... and WASHED! Wow that was nerv racking! I didn't use detergent or anything, just ran it through the hand wash cycle and the tumble dry low low cycle. Came out looking quite nice though and I have to say I will definately wash my hand quilted amish quilt if I ever finish it :)

I knitted a little on the scarf for my sister for christmas, I'm using size 16 needles which are just huge but the yarn didn't work with a tighter stitch. Today at lunch it's back to working on the hat that I started yesterday, I wish I had more yarn to double that yarn but I only have a single ball. Luckily this is for the youngest so she'll grow out of it quickest.

Stitch night tonight! I'll probably work some more on the border around Legends of the Dragons, bit by bit. Two weeks seems like forever ago when we had the last stitch - I sure am looking forward to seeing everyone!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congrats on the quilt finish - just can't wait to see it now!!!

I will surely think of you tonight as I also work on LOTD - we are getting close now, exciting, isn't it??? I am looking forward to next year's SAL(s) too - yep, would love to do a Winter in my Garden one, along with the two DD ones with you!!!! I think Heather in the UK wants to do the Winter in my Garden one as well - cool!