Monday, November 28, 2005

Legends of the Dragons - Finished!

Click for a larger pic - This took approximately 119 hours, and I stitched along with Carol. Now we are both finished and hopefully next year another dragon stitch a long will commence!

It sure was a productive few days for not being home most of the time - and allergy stricken as I have been. First on my list was to finish up Legends above, which I did on the drive to and from NY, the way out I didn't get much done as I was crammed in the middle between my brother and my cousin and not a lot of elbow room. But the way home I finally finished it up. Now it has been washed (with no running which I worried about with the hand dyed fabric and thread), and it sits in my freezer awaiting my iron and some time for me to get a frame and mat board to cut.

I did not get any other stitching done this weekend but I did finish the third knitted hat and worked a tiny bit on the harry potter scarf. Then I restarted the first hat (the pink one) which I will work on at lunch time this week:
Here is the third hat all knitted up:


Sunday we went out to the mall and bought our treadmill!!! We had to get a slightly more expensive one than planned and it's larger which I'm not thrilled about but it's ours, we couldn't fit it in the car however (since it's larger) but we are going to borrow my uncle's truck this weekend to get it so next week I can start running at home in the mornings and maybe get back in shape :)

We also picked up some new suits for my boyfriend who is working this semester, I have to hem those tonight so I spent last night cleaning off the dining room table to have room, this entailed cutting the second set of mats for my Ever So Little gifts for christmas and putting together the frames I had ordered. I also washed and ironed both Ever So Little pieces so they are all ready to be mounted. I'm not rushing on that because I have to pick up acid free brown paper for the backs of the frames still, here's a picture of the piece with the mats I just cut last night, it's just set in the frame:


A very relaxing four days, unfortunately I've had horrible allergies almost every day and today is not any better! I'll just continue to live on benadryl I guess!

4 comments:

Carol said...

WOO HOO!! Congratulations! I checked your blog all weekend to see the pic, and you were the first I checked today! It came out awesome Nikki!!!!!!!!! Aren't you glad it is over, though? LOL! Yes, indeed, let's do Kingdom Sampler next year - I know you want to do that one too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done on your finish. You and Carol have done an excellent job.

Kitty Couture said...

Congratulations Nicole on such a wonderful Happy Dance!

Melissa G. said...

Congratulations on your happy dancing - I love the fabric and fibers you picked for Legends, and those Ever So Littles are so interesting too!