Monday, November 14, 2005

Back from Vegas :)

And I got some stitching done too!

First, my update on Legends of the Dragons... I worked on this a little saturday and a good amount sunday, finishing the backstitching on Wisdom and working a bit on the border:

That's 108 hours of progress.

On the plane ride out to Vegas I stitched up ornament number 1:

You can't tell but it's on a light green sparkly fabric.

Also on the plane (most of the plane rides), I worked on the harry potter scarf for my cousin for christmas :

It's a nice easy continuous knit stitch but it's a long scarf, we'll see how that goes :)

My trip was good, we were home by saturday at 10:30, went to lunch and then I went to a stamp camp to make gift tags and other things christmas style. After the Red Eye back friday night I was exhausted and slept about 13 hours or so saturday night but sunday was a good day, I got the apartment vacuumed, met my boyfriend for lunch (he's studying for finals so he's at the library most of the day), then stitched/knitted while watching movies. It was a very good weekend!

It sure was good to get home though and I'm looking forward to a nice normal week with a normal stitch night and back to knitting hats for christmas.

Status on Christmas gifts:
- 1 ornament stitched (3 more to go)
- 1 hat knitted - but I think I will reknit it thicker now that I know what i'm doing more.
- second hat almost finished, on the decreasing part at least.
- 3 scarves knitted
- harry potter scarf started
- 2 Ever So little pieces stitched, waiting to be framed and another mat cut

What's left:
- 3 more ornaments to stitch
- 1 hat to re-knit
- 1 hat to knit
- 1 hat to finish knitting (almost done)
- Harry potter scarf to finish
- mat to cut and 2 pieces to frame with mats
- Scarf to knit for sister
- Hat to knit for sister
Not too bad, hopefully I can do all this ;)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad you are back safe - did you have a good time??