Friday, April 08, 2005

Stamping...

Do I need another hobby? A new "thing" to collect. The immediate answer is -- definately NOT! But....

So I went to my friend's place last night. We had dinner and then showed off our cross stitch progress etc. Then she showed me her new stamping hobby.. oh man! And I looked through the catelog, this is definately something I could get into and there's tons to collect... But I must resist.. at least for a while.

See.. we are looking to move (cheaper apartment), this will save hopefully 100 dollars a month. Then maybe in June when i hit my 1 year mark with my job, i'm hoping there's some raise involved or something.. this would help tremendously. Then if i work part time on the website ever again I will be sitting pretty. Unless those things happen i must be more conservative with my money. I have plenty of niceities and i need no more :) We shall see how things go.

The good news... as far as quilting goes (which is pretty expensive), i have my amish quilt to quilt, my sampler quilt to finish quilting and my ohio star quilt to piece (a little fabric needed for that) then that is just embroidered. So not a lot of money needed there and i refuse to start a new quilt project until i finish one of those.
Cross stitch wise, i have no need for new stuff, i have tons (and i mean tons) of patterns to keep me occupied, lots of fabric (possible need for specific fabric for specific project no big deal), more fabric coming monthly (for a tiny price :) and floss is not THAT expensive if i stay away from the 5.50 skeins of silk floss that i have been using :) They cover better... Really there are no worries. I paid for Celebrations already. I do have to pay the remaining balance for Stitcher's Hideaway in Sturbridge. But other than that i have no large purchases craft wise in my future (as long as i don't buy a sewing machine) :)

So i will try not to spend money, and see how things go in June. If i get a raise i will definately be starting a new hobby, which really is just an expansion of my scrapbook hobby i recently started. Plus if we move to a 2bedroom place i will have a craft room to fill :) I can't wait!

I'm going to look at a place tonight. And later today i will call a few other places and look at them next monday and wednesday night hopefully. Maybe before my birthday (the 17th) we'll have a place all picked out!

Well i brought my gaming computer to work today to put another harddrive in and install linux on it so i can run a local web server. I should get that set up and see if i can find an extra IDE cable for the harddrive :)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, I wish I had a craft room! I have a little corner in the playroom that is our basement for my things. As for stamping, it is great for making cards! I did Eve's birth announcements with stamps, saved me a bunch of money.

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I received the lovely skein of Waterlilies yesterday - thank you so much for picking that up! I will put the money for it in the envelope with the Green Old Gardens chart for you - you are such a sweetie!!