Monday, April 11, 2005

A nice long weekend.

It really was, long enough that I hardly remember Friday already!

First a picture update.

I continued work on Legends of the Dragons Sunday, here's my first progress picture, i think this is close to 10 hours of stitching. I am stitching this with Carol.


Then Saturday evening I finished the Ever So Little Zebra:


And my progress on Peaceful Silhouette from last week (now at 14.5 hours)


Let's see... like I said I dont' remember friday very much, i mostly cleaned the apartment. Saturday I started quilting my Amish Quilt, it's not so bad, I hope to pick that up again tonight to work on it more, I got quite far on the center star.

Then my boyfriend's parents came to see the apartment and we took them into boston to see my boyfriend's school then we went to Bugaboo for dinner (shocker there). It was a good time and i'm glad they got to see our apartment before we move next month :)

So then saturday night we finally rented The Incredibles (free rental), and watched that (and I finished my zebra above). We also watched I heart Huckabees, which was okay, my boyfriend had already watched it and said i wouldn't like it, i liked it just fine it just wasn't great or special, but easy to watch and stitch.

Sunday was a free day, my boyfriend had a review class for 6 hours so I did some scrapbooking and finished all the pages I had hoped to do so far. Then I ate some cookie dough, i mean baked some cookies :) I mostly settled in to stitch on Legends of the Dragons for the evening but I was good and my boyfriend and I went running when he got back, then grocery shopping and picked up some KFC for dinner. The rest of the week I'm cooking responsibly however (except maybe Tuesday since that's my boyfriend's birthday and we may go out and Thursday i have stitch night) :) I don't cook much :)

Well my stomach is growling. I just found out a guy at work is leaving for a higher paying job he couldn't refuse. He is definately an asset and we are going to really miss him. We are a small office (17), and he is not only so smart but so friendly and helpful. I don't know what we'll do :( He leaves Wednesday, i wonder if i can make a going away cake or something (especially since he's always said he's gained 10 pounds since working here). I hope he enjoys his new job. :( Going to be a sad day at work!

3 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

Hi Nicole, I came here via Carol's blog. You're doing some great stitching and the zebra is sooo cute!!!!

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - Thanks for posting a progress photo :-) I see you broke down and started a dragon - that one is my favorite of the three (love the purples) - are you using one or two strands of Waterlilies? I think I am going to try one strand first....

Carol said...

Ooops!
Forgot to mention - your zebra is TOO cute! Is that chart spoken for yet???