Wednesday, April 06, 2005

SAL started. I'm not as good as Carol, I forgot to scan a picture of my progress on Legends of the Dragons last night. However my progress doesn't show much as I started the border so there are no dragons yet to show :)

I found the link she gave me that shows Legends stitched on Dragon Myst with Storm Clouds Waterlilies for the border Legends of the Dragons. This is how we are doing it.

So last night I did even less than I had planned - I was going to cook but the meat my boyfriend took out was all dried out (beef), must have been in there a long time. So we had ramon noodles for dinner and I got to stitching by 6! So as I said I worked on Legends of the Dragons, trying to get some sort of scheme going with the variegated thread, making the roped border really look like it goes over and under (this will really show with the backstitching). We fit some tv in and I'd say i got a good 4 hours of stitching in which is a record for one night after work I think. No gym - my boyfriend and I both didn't feel like going.

So now my only hang up with changing the border color is trying to figure out what color to backstitch the border in, plus there's the inner border which is just a single line around each dragon. I figure it will be a blue, dark blue, so i grabbed all the blues and brought them with me so tonight at my aunt's i can pick on that will work. I don't think i'll have time to stitch tonight as we'll be basting my Amish quilt tonight hopefully but i always come prepared :)

So far this morning i've had a rotten morning. I saw no cockroaches last night (exterminator came yesterday and put out some poison stuff). Then this morning i saw a little on like usual behind the sink, killed it. Then I was filling the dishwasher and when i opened it there were two large cockroaches running around on the door of the dishwasher. They both ran into cracks on the side of the door and my boyfriend couldnt' kill them. So I ran the dishwasher hoping the hot water will kill them. But my boyfriend said he expects the poison will be drawing them out a bit and i'll see a few more (more???? i've seen enough!)

Then I had to go get my blood tested again. Man do i hate needles, i'm such a baby, and they took 6 viles of blood! That seems like a lot. Luckily i was able to drive to work fine and just ate some oatmeal, now i'm ready for some tea.

So tonight i go to my aunt's house, baste my quilt and relax. Tomorrow i go to my new friend's house to look at her stamping catalog and stamp collection and maybe stitch. Friday I will go look at a new apartment option after work, then clean the apartment top to bottom (oh i hope i don't see any cockroaches)!!! And saturday my boyfriend's parents' come (hence the cleaning). So i will be up late friday night (on a new moon no less), cleaning but sunday i can relax and spend the day stitching maybe??? or quilting my amish quilt??? or both?? :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - Looks like we are off to a good start :-) I am a start from the center kind of stitcher (whenever possible) - it's the best way for me to keep my work centered :-) I have been known to run out of space a couple of times :-( I am thinking of using 823 for my backstitching, but 939 might work well too.... Looking forward to your progress pics too! Tonight, though, is Fairy Flora night (I think)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hi Nikki, hope you enjoy LOD its a great piece and I really enjoyed stitching it. But then I didn't cheat ;-) on the border!!!

Its also a little wierd reading another blog that has the same layout as mine!