Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bagel day... but an early day.

I am going to leave at 3 today, i got in at 7 and i take an hour lunch break, that means a 7 hour day, but monday i worked 9 + hours so it all works out. Besides my friend is coming over tonight to stitch and i haven't been home in 2 days so i will have some quick picking up to do.

Last night was later than i had hoped as well, but it wasn't too late getting to my aunt's. We had dinner (hamburgers) and then watched the red sox game - well they watched, i started piecing block number 8 of my ohio star quilt. I'm almost halfway done piecing it...

Then we watched law and order, during which i mostly slept.

It was so warm yesterday. I did manage to get out for a walk, which was good because i ate a LOT of food. I brought in cookies, cupcakes and cheesecake plus we all went out to lunch, so i was STUFFED. I can't think about that kind of food right now.

On a side note, i was thinking, sometimes i wish i had only one hobby. Not because i don't like any of my hobbies (then they wouldn't be hobbies right)... but because if i just cross stitched or just quilted i'd get so much more finished. Instead i find my time pulled between cross stitch, quilting, knitting (a little - haven't been pulled much lately), scrapbooking (soon to be more stamping) and sewing. Cross stitch is my favorite, probably always will be, but I do enjoy quilting as well, the downside with quilting is that it can be painful sometimes (i poke myself a LOT). The end result though, of something like an amish quilt is just amazing and so appreciated by a larger audience than my cross stitch.

Anyhow, i was just thinking about that because i planned out how to finish my amish quilt by november yesterday and realized i want to finish some cross stitch too. This would not be an issue if i kept my current schedule but the website that i worked on last year wants to upgrade and that will take some serious time. Granted it's paid time and i could definately use the money to start saving a bit, but it will really cut into my stitching time... sacrifices...

On a really bright note, my boyfriend got the TA position for next fall that he applied for at law school. It's tough to get and it really looks good on a resume, plus it pays a bit, which is more than i can say for his summer position! Only in school situations do people work for no money at all.. craziness!!! Okay i'm off for more hot chocolate, one cup wasn't enough today because i came in so early.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I've been feeling the same way about wishing for one hobby. Cross stitch is also my favorite, but dividing the time gets tough. The difference is, I'm crazy and planning on adding quilting to the mix, just as soon as I can find a class!