Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My fabric arrived! I now have everything together (except for 2 DMC colors which I'm not worried about as they are about somewhere) for Legends of the Dragons. I am going to do this as a SAL with Carol. So this will be started really soon :) Either tonight or... Thursday maybe. Tomorrow night I am basting my quilt at my aunt's so also bringing everything to start this piece is a bit much in the luggage department. Thursday i'm going to my friend's for a stitch get-together, we don't do much stitching but a little i'm sure will get done :)

Besides that I made progress on my Ever So Little - Zebra last night, i think i have 2 more stripes on his back and then his face which is mostly backstitching that needs to be done. He went really fast, I think being only 3 colors total helps the stitching go faster. When he's finished i will focus on Legends and then in May maybe do another Ever So Little - chimpanzee's. I'm making this piece (it will have 3 animals i think) for my sister's boyfriend for christmas. Then I'm going to do a similar piece for my uncle, with the Gazelle and maybe a few animals i don't have yet (elephant, giraffe, maybe zebra again).

No gym last night - we drove over only to find it packed, and i mean really packed so we left and went grocery shopping. Grocery shopping means i have to wash fruit and veggies and stuff so by the time i was done i had only 30 minutes left to read before bed. I try to go to bed at 11 each night, it doesn't seem to help me get up at 6 but i have been getting up at 6:30 (maybe i should go to bed at 10:30 but i doubt that will happen).

Tonight will be much of the same, except i want to cook dinner too, then stitch and watch tv, then go to the gym. We have an exterminator coming today between 8and 10 am. It's for cockroaches, my upstairs neighbors have them really bad and when he had them exterminated he didn't do our apartment as well and some of them moved down. I've found a few that i've killed which really really really grosses me out! So he's coming today and i honestly dont' know what to expect. I'm hoping all our stuff including food (like bananas and apples that are out), are okay just being out. I hope it doesn't smell when i get home... and hopefully the cockroaches are gone (they're weren't many to begin with as i have been setting out traps and caught none), but i don't want to see them any more and i will hopefully be moving in 2 months or less!

That reminds me to check apartment listings at lunch today. We are staying in the same area but looking for cheaper rent as what we pay is a bit high for a one bedroom when we could easily get a 2 bedroom (craft room/office for me!) Unfortunately we invested all the time and money painting this place the way we want it, but we will get reimbursed for the paint at least if i can figure out how much we spent (i think 100 dollars is about right as we got a refund on the first batch of paint we bought).

Well breakfast calls and i think today i might be able to finish up my first task and get a new one by tomorrow at least!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yay Nikki! How about we start tonight?? Sorry about your fabric.... I think mine is consistent all the way through.... not very dark, but really compliments the floss (I put the floss on it last weekend... nice!!). Good to go, are you ready??