Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A late day for posting.

I had a bit of a busy morning but a good morning.

First off, last night my boyfriend talked to our landlord and he offered to drop our rent down to 1200. Sure that's great but it's still only a one bedroom and it has cockroaches! I will live with it if i can't find anything cheaper though because my boyfriend would hate to move (since he has to do the actually heavy lifting moving part).

So then i baked him a cake for his birthday today, i didn't put it together yet, he wanted a chocolate layer cake with a layer of vanilla pudding in the center and chocolate frosting... so i had to go to the grocery store for pudding! Because he generally only likes chocolate pudding so that's all i had, but i didn't complain because i love celebrating birthdays.

So i baked it and made the pudding and tonight i will put it together so we can have it after dinner. Of course my night was busy with other things, laundry, cooking dinner, eating dinner, making a crafty gift for my boyfriend etc. I got about 10 minutes of quilting on my amish quilt in and that's it before going to bed ! No gym either!

Today is going better... I found an apartment available for 1000/month, 2 bedroom with a diningroom and deck. I'm wondering what's wrong with it because it's so cheap.. so i set up an appointment for tonight at 5 to go look at it... i'm not getting my hopes up though.

I then made a reservation at a restaurant in Cambridge to surprise my boyfriend, i'm hoping being tuesday night it's not too busy because we're not big into crowded places and such.. but should be fun :) And we should be able to get there early to find parking some place.

I also set up Saturday - it's going to be a great weekend, my mom is meeting me at my place at 9:30ish, then we're going over to the quilt shop to cut fabric for my guild until 2. Then my sister is meeting me back at my place at 2:30 and we'll spend the evening doing girl stuff. Then sunday after they leave (unless mom leaves saturday night), i am going to a stitch thing at my friend's house - from 2-5 and then dinner with my boyfriend after. All because it's my birthday! I love birthdays (i'm still young so i mean i when i say that)... this is 23 for me.

So tonight is packed up with stuff to do and give attention to my boyfriend. Tomorrow maybe i can get another appointment to check out another apartment if this one doesn't work out and thursday is stitch night, looks like friday night is still free too.. hmm wonder how long that will last ;)

No stitching at lunch today (gotta leave early), i have to head back into the closed area to read more and hopefully stay awake, maybe more hot chocolate is in order here...
I can't stop smiling today, i am just in a good mood (excited to surprise my boyfriend and this weekend coming up and just keeping in touch with my friends from all over, it's all just good and i'm happy) :)
To all my blogging friends - here's a little happiness 8>) - pass it around :)

1 comment:

Kitty Couture said...

Thanks for the happiness Nicole!

I don't know why I haven't commented on your blog for so long... Well, there was my move to a new flat, so I couldn't keep up with all my blog reading... and then I just kinda felt shy... :o/ But I feel silly now.
Anyway, I read you regularly now I'm back to a normal rhythm! So there's no reason why I shouldn't comment again ;)

Have a great evening with DBF. I'm sure he'll have a wonderful birthday thanks to you! Lucky guy! :D