Monday, April 04, 2005

A pretty good weekend i'd have to say.

Friday night was busy, we went to dinner and walmart and then watched "The Village" (no stitching during that which was pretty good). Saturday I drove out to my mom's in the pouring rain. Then we drove up to my uncle's house to see my new cousin. Here's me holding my new cousin (3 1/2 weeks old):


I came home late saturday night after dinner with my parents and sunday was a day to myself. I did tons of stuff sunday but first my progress pictures.

A new project I started last night (it's a small one). It's
Ever So Little - Zebra:


And progress on Peaceful Silhouette - 12 hours:

So not only did i start a new project last night (that was pretty late), first i did chores (dishes, laundry), and got some computer files transferred to my desktop from my laptop. Then I went through my DMC and got everything for Legends of the Dragons except for 2 colors which must be with another project that's kitted (no biggie for now). After that I went through all my stash and input most of it into my database (this was a lot of typing and my boyfriend got home in the middle of it). I also made a trade list over at fiberswappers which i hope to add to it once i go through the rest of my stuff that's still packed up, including threads and such.

So once my boyfriend was home we decided to watch some movies, we watched The Terminal first as i had been waiting to see this and he had already seen it, then we watched The Notebook which was disappointing since i read the book and they seemed to change a lot. Of course we ended up missing Law and Order CI but i can always download that later (and i will).

So with the time change messing me up i went to bed later than i wanted and had a real hard time getting up this morning. Of course my coworker who's back from maternity leave today beat everyone in so no one saw her surprise. We filled her office with diapers and put the sound of a baby crying on her computer when she logged on (which included putting speakers on her computer and hiding them up under her desk on cardboard shelves taped on :) It was great but we missed it. She was shocked though. We tend to do things to peoples' offices when they leave for more than a week :)

So today we have another new hire starting as well so I brought in a few dozen cookies I made yesterday. Of course they are going fast and there's only 6 people here so far! I must get some :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - Yay, a photo of you today! You look so cute with that little babe!!!!! Trying to place you as I took that Rebecca's Sampler class with you in October, but cannot figure out where you were sitting in that room :-( Argh.... Too busy at work today to look in and read blogs, so taking care of that now!