Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bagel day - but the bagels aren't here yet.

I got my Amish Quilt basted!!! This was an hour long project with my aunt helping, but it really came out good and now i don't have to worry about it and i can start quilting!!! Plus she taught me how to do it since I never really learned and this will work for larger quilts.

My drawing lines however are fading on my quilt, so i may have to buy a quilting pencil (mine ran out), and quick outline the small border ones, the center i'm not worried about as that gets quilted first but the outside small border i won't get to for quite a while. The large border is fine, that was drawn quite dark. So another reason to get to Joanns soon - besides my 50% off a cut of fabric thur,fri, sat this week. Looks like maybe saturday morning i will run over there before my boyfriends parents show up as they are coming aroun 2:30/3.

So after making dinner, picking my cousin up from soccer, eating dinner, basting quilt, it was 10 already so we watched law and order and went to bed. No stitching time as i thought.

I surely am looking forward to going over to my friend's house tonight, not sure if i'll get to stitch as she wants to introduce me to her stamping obsession, umm, i mean hobby :) I am definately interested as i do scrapbook, i just don't buy stamps because it's just another set of things to collect and i don't need to go there :)

I think i just heard the guy come in that brings bagels -- i will have to go check this situation out :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I wish I could quilt. I'm dying to learn how, but can't find any classes...can you imagine, I live in Amish country, and can't find a quilting class!