Monday, April 18, 2005

Picture Monday!

First an update to my SAL with Carol on Legends of the dragons, this is about 15 hours of work:

I haven't added to the border but instead started working towards the head so i can use some of the Kreinik this week.


Peaceful Silhouette Progress - only 1 hour this week so it's not much:


My Amish Quilting Progress:


Let's see - the weekend was great. Friday night I went to walmart and then cooked dinner and cleaned just as I had hoped. Then i quilted a bit. Saturday my mom was a little late due to being lost :) But the quilt shop get together was fun, I helped bag up the blocks for the raffle quilt and my mom helped with that and cutting fabric. We got done really early (by 1 even after lunch) and stopped over at my LNS so i could buy myself a little birthday present - 4 wishes by Just Nan.

Then back home to relax and visit with my sister and a friend of my mom's that stopped by. Then we went out to dinner in Cambridge and met my brother's girlfriend at Fire & Ice which was fantastic again :)

Saturday night I quilted a little more with my sister watching movies. She got me a dvd player for my birthday to replace our old not working anymore one that we've had for 5 years. So we took full advantage of that and watched some movies she hadn't seen yet.

Sunday was a great day, my boyfriend made me pancakes for breakfast. My sister left around 10:30 so i showered and then we made cupcakes together (part of my gift) which was fun. Then I headed out thinking i could get my hair cut - but no place was open on sunday :( I was a bit bummed but got my stitching together and headed over to my friend's for a good time. There were only a few of us there but we ate, we chatted, we stitched, it was great fun as usual and they put a candle in a cupcake for me :)

When I got home my boyfriend made me dinner and i settled in for some more stitching (this was all on Legends). We watched Top Gun ( a gift from my sister too) which of course is a favorite! Then we watched Confidence which was better than i thought it would be.

So it was a late night, all the more reason to sleep late this morning and come in a little later than normal. It will be a busy day i do believe which is always good, tomorrow will be even more busy. So i should eat some breakfast so i can head in to the closed area. Another one of THOSE days :)

Well all in all i had a great birthday. I don't know what my mom got me yet as she had it shipped to me and it hasn't arrived yet which has her worried but i'm just crossing my fingers for tonight :)

1 comment:

Kitty Couture said...

Oh I didn't know it was your birthday Nicole! Happy belated birthday then! Glad to know you had a great day and everyone took care of you ;D

You've made good progress on Legends of the Dragon! And oh my, that quilting is so neat. I admire you, I've never been brave enough to tackle quilting by HAND.

Happy Birthday again! :)