Thursday, March 02, 2006

Strange things were happening with blogger today - couldn't get in this morning. But it's working again.

I was looking up Michael Powell designs today (a few minutes ago actually) - because I really like them - especially the 2 flower pot ones, but also the cottages (mini's too) and the really large ones. But when I saw the prices! Holy Cow! I just could never justify spending 94 dollars on a kit when I'd rather buy just the chart and use the floss and stuff I can get for 5/dollar.

Does anyone know what type of floss is used on these? Are they silks or something? Is the fabric made of gold???

More importantly, is there anyway to buy just the charts instead of the kits as I would prefer that anyway, especially with the stash I have, if i had all kits I'd have no place to sit in my apartment but charts can be stored nicely in binders for whenever I do get around to stitching them. Maybe in a few years when i get around to having free room in my "to do" list I will reconsider the astronomical prices for these kits but for now I will just have to look fondly on as others stitch some of this beautiful artwork as my money is best spent elsewhere!

On non stitching news - I'm considering working from home tomorrow due to my check engine light being on, i think actually it's best if i do if i have work i can do from home which i do. Then i can get my car checked on sunday to find out if it's anything to worry about or not... which reminds me.. i have emails to send...

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - Believe it or not, the floss in Michael Powell kits is DMC!! Why so pricey - European prices.... There is a sweet cottage in a recent Just Cross Stitch magazine.... and some Venice houses were recently in Cross Stitcher... I will email you about them :-)