Thursday, September 01, 2005

What a short night! We went out and got dinner, ate, then we went out and got ice cream (yummy!) then I fell asleep - really that's pretty much all I did. I have no idea why I was so tired either - too much food maybe.

I did however stitch at lunch again - another hour on the Lions, so now both of the Lions' heads are finished, all that I have left is the massive mane. I do hope to finish that this weekend and pick up Legends finally to start the Wisdom dragon. Carol took this week off to make some awesome progress on her Celtic Band Sampler - a really lovely and huge piece, so I don't feel so bad not having stitched on Legends in a while.

So it is September - my main goal is to get the Trip Around the World quilt quilted, if this doesn't happen it's no big deal but if I do get it finished I can put it in the quilt show the first weekend of October. The wedding however is not until November so technically I have 2 months to go. Once this quilt is finished I can get back to hand quilting my amish quilt and my sampler quilt. Once one of those is completed I can start a new quilt :)

That's just quilting, stitching wise, I want to finish Legends of the Dragons by the end of the year, I have the Ever So Little's pieces that I have to have finished and framed by Christmas, plus a few ornaments to make as gifts. I'd also like to start a few more pieces, I have one in mind as a gift for my aunt who I visit each week, I'd like to get that done in a decent amount of time to give as a thank you gift for having me over each week.

Tonight is normally stitch night - but instead tonight I am going over to my friend's house to make thank you cards, these cards will be part of my gift for the bridal shower I'm going to this weekend. I'm going to make 6 cards and a little box thing to put them in. That way she can use them however she likes.

And the gas prices - oh man - well there will be no trip back home this weekend to pick up my mom's sewing machine - major bummer because I can't start quilting until next sunday that means. Next weekend I am going back home for the bridal shower and I'll get the machine then. But with a 3 day weekend wasted as far as quilting goes - I will have to get some stitching in :) Plus a lot of work on the website, and some shopping - I think I might hit up EMS, i heard they are having sales and there are a lot of things we want to price out including bikes.

No running this morning - that marks Mon, Tues, Wed morning running and Tues night running. I slept in till 6:30 this morning but hopefully tomorrow I will get up and run since I'll be back home again.

No comments: