Monday, September 12, 2005

I remembered Pics for monday!

Not a lot of progress on Ever So Little - Chimps but this is what I stitched Thursday at my stitch night, it's also a better pic of the lions. Click for a larger image:


And progress on Legends of the dragons, not much but definately a better picture just a little blurry:


I'm enjoying working on Wisdom but it is much slower going than the other 2 dragons. I finished the stitching of the scroll and the underbelly of the dragon. Until the backstitching is in though he really won't come to life.

I had a very busy weekend but not busy like I expected. Saturday I drove back to NY for a bridal shower and to visit my mom. I borrowed her sewing machine so I could machine quilt the Trip Around the World quilt. I got home late saturday night still tired from staying up all night last thursday night.

Then Sunday I slept in and got ready to spend the day quilting. I set up the diningroom to have a quilting station, cutting on one side, sewing on another and ironing. I wanted to do some practice pieces. Then I set up my folding table to do some painting.

I bought a little pedestal thing at a Mill Store the other day and I wanted to paint it to match the diningroom furniture which is black but worn with red/yellow underneath. So I put on a coat of red then sat down to sew.

Of course the machine doesn't work for me - I desperately do anything I can think of reading the book, clean it etc. Call my mom, she's not mad at all, this same thing happened last time I used her machine and she had to get it repaired but it's under warranty. She's bummed my plans are ruined for the day though (as am i). Even with her help we've narrowed it down to a possible original problem but nothing to do now. She says I should try to find a bernina store out by me and get it repaired so I have it sooner. I found one I just need to find an evening to get there - won't happen until next week for sure which means the quilt DEFINITELY won't be quilted before the quilt show - all well.

So I was bummed, I picked up all my sewing stuff and finished up my painting stuff. Then I pulled out the good old nintendo 64 and zelda to play for a few hours. After that I was in the mood to stitch a little so I got to where I am above on Legends.

This week I hope to continue working on Legends at lunch time Mon-Thur. Thursday night is stitch so I'll work on chimps and i have stitch at my house on saturday so i'll probably continue working on chimps then. Chimps should be finished by the end of next week and I can pick up blackwork dragon again.

Off to work...

No comments: