Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I hope today to continue working on Wisdom as I did at lunch yesterday. This little introduction to stitching TW's is an eye opener for sure. It is very different than the other two dragons and there are a lot of tweeded colors. I'm actually not a huge TW style fan, though I do love dragons and still collect them of course (that's the crazy me talking). The TW designs however seem kind of washed out because the colors blend together so much, now this is not from seeing one stitched in person however, I am hoping that seeing this little Wisdom dragon finished will give me a better idea about how they really look finished, maybe they aren't so washed out.

One major exception however is Celestial Dragon - that's a real beauty, very bold and I definately hope to someday stitch that (it will take more than one day - probably a few years but I use "some day" as an expression) :)

So as I stitch Wisdom I am hoping that it will come out more to my taste in "real life" and this will persuade me to enjoy the style a bit more of TW. I'd have to say though of these three dragons, my very favorite is Majesty by Black Swan, I am a huge Dragon Dreams fan and I like Magic, it's just a little simple and Majesty seems like a good mixture of boldness, simpleness and my favorite colors :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Interesting observations on the TW dragons... hmmm... I like and don't like them as well. I hadn't thought of the washed out part, more something of the medieval quality she strives for that I don't care for.... hard to put in words :-) I hope to kinda get close to starting Wisdom soon :-) Check my blog - the pic I found, is that you?? I figure, it must be! Very cute!