Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Well no quilting last night ... I had to work late so I missed my quilting thing. But I did work on the website last night which is a bonus, got the first update completely finished now, tonight I will start the second update after I run some tests to make sure the other update didn't break anything.

No quilting or stitching yesterday either. I spent my lunch break trying to clone my laptop harddrive to recover everything but it didn't work - it has some bad sectors and couldn't last the hour and a half it takes to clone it. So instead I just installed XP on the new harddrive and then all the other software I might need. Then I was able to boot up my old harddrive for short periods of time and I copied all my files to the network and then booted up on my new harddrive and copied them off the network. So i didn't end up losing any files, just some software programs I had installed. No biggie really, it should run fine this weekend for playing MOHAA at least and I'll keep the old hard drive around in case I think of something on it that I forgot to copy off.

So that disaster is over, I now have both computers working again and a new monitor for my desktop which is really great! It's so light I can move it wherever I want and I put in on the coffee table last night so I could sit more comfortable on the couch working on the website.

Tonight I have to clean the apartment - the cockroaches are back again - my landlord has "exterminated" twice but the people upstairs live like pigs and they just hide for a bit, there's no lack of food for them up there and when they get really bad I start to see them. This really P***es me off because I bleach down my counters and there really is NO FOOD out for them. I vacuum on a weekly basis but still I have to see them. Last night it was a really large one (we're not talking like in the movies but about an inch long which is TOOOO big). It wasn't running either, it was wierd, I sprayed it with bleach which usually does nothing, but it started walking sluggishly, i think it was trying to drop it's egg sack, so I "chased" it by spraying it with bleach into the sink, then ran the hot water so it went down the drain while I had the trash compactor on. I hope that ended it's life. I ran the hot water for while after that to be sure it didnt' come back up :)
I really can't wait to move, there is NO way I am staying here another year, unfortunately I'm stuck until the end of May with these stupid things and my landlord isn't bright enough to kick the people upstairs out even though they barely pay rent, leave garbage and food all over the place (throw cigarette butts over their porch onto mine), and they've flooded their bathroom twice which results in water coming through my diningroom fan and ruining whatever I have on my table (or ruining my chair like last time because it was puddled there). I hate this so much but what can I do but wait for the lease to be up and try to find another place that's priced similarly for the same space or more.

We have so much furniture now and the apartment is quite large that I couldnt' find an apartment last May that we could fit into... hopefully this coming april it will be easier. UCK i'm so grossed out thinking about these things.

No comments: