Thursday, August 04, 2005

Another day - and I've been winding floss :)

I had a great dinner at my aunt's last night, steak, corn on the cob and green beans. It was really good. Then I drew out a plan for my new quilt based on the quilt she has hanging which is a Trip Around the World but they do something different with the colors and I like the effect so I'm going to mimic it with my own colors.

Then I wound floss. I didn't have many plastic bobbins left but I filled what I did have. I ordered 500 plastic bobbins on ebay yesterday, that should keep me busy for a while :) I also ordered another plastic case to hold floss and 2 small plastic cases to hold project floss which is the first thing I'm winding to make carrying my stuff easier. Eventually I will need probably 6 plastic cases total and I have 2 right now (actually I have 4 but 1 is for beads and another for kreiniks).

I also started reading "The Lord of the Flies" again (I read it in high school), but my boyfriend bought the hardcover edition of that and "Things Fall Apart" (also read in high school), because I wanted to read them over now that I'm a bit more mature and more likely to understand them. I'm looking forward to getting a few more classics in hard cover but our bookcase is full now so I shouldn't be going on a buying spree.

I've been spending a lot of money lately. I need to slow down my spending - but I have been working on the website which will help a lot when I get paid from that. If I get that up and running by the end of August and paid then I have no worries and if I stop spending now, some of that money will go towards christmas spending :)

Well enough about that - I'm playing with some software at work now and of course hitting more walls so now i'm reading the manual to see if that will help... back to fun stuff :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nicki - Oh, I loved Lord of the Flies :-) Thanks for the sweet words about Petal Fairy - what a relief to have her done! But get this - I don't feel like working on LOTD tonight :-( I have decided to pick up Chatelaine's Convent Herbal Garden now, instead of starting Resting Butterfly, to replace Petal Fairy - and now that it is in my mind to do this I just have to work on CHG tonight - I will get back to LOTD over the weekend and get some more of the border done, though :-)

I think it is cute how you tell us what you had for dinner each night :-)