Monday, August 08, 2005

A very interesting weekend. But I will keep this short. (relatively)

Legends of the Dragons, I did not get a chance to work on it this weekend - but last week I finished backstitching the border around Magic. So today at lunch I hope to start the word "Magic". I've been winding the project floss for this onto bobbins and would like to get that done before I start on Wisdom anyway.

Amish Quilt (the new one) - I started the new quilt this weekend - Sunday to be exact, I ironed and cut strips then sewed two tubes together which took forever. I started cutting one tube apart and got about 9 strips done, they take a while to cut because my tubes don't fold in half exactly and i have to fuddle with them each cut to make sure they are cutting straight and I get squares instead of squewed squares.

Website - I started updating it yesterday, took a bit of work actually but finally got the update script to work and got the list of files that wouldn't update automatically (this is for the first update only, i think there are 5 or 6 updates total). I will get back to this tonight for a bit and then back to quilting again.

Saturday I went to my stamp party and bought my stamp stuff, it won't arrive until august 25th or so, hopefully by then I"ll be done with piecing my quilt and I can start making some stuff. Once I get my laptop harddrive ghosted (if it works) and I can access all my pictures again, I'm going to send a bunch to walmart to print out and make some scrapbook pages with them. Plus I'll get some beach pictures next week of my cousins.

This week is going to be a long week - I have a lot to get done and hopefully I can get out early on Friday (which means long days until friday).
Countdown - 2 weeks until vacation!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I didn't get to do LOTD this week either - will be back to it on Wednesday though! Where are you going on vacation??