Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday. And no pictures :( Ho hum. My laptop hard drive is dying. Rather slowly but still dying. I currently do not have it in my laptop at all in the hopes that if I buy a new one I can ghost this one and have an exact replica of it. So my laptop is not being used in windows at all which means I have no photo software to download pictures off my camera.

I do have another computer, my desktop computer which is dual boot (has windows and linux). So I will try to find my HP software and install it on my desktop tonight to get some pictures of my stitching progres... progress.... yes there is progress.

Let's see, I had friday off to take the GRE's, which didn't go too badly. Then I unwound the rest of friday watching Alias. My boyfriend got home and we watched the rest of Alias Season 1 and the movie The Usual Suspects. I really can't wait to watch season 2!!!

Saturday we drove back home to my parent's house, in the car I stitched on the second Ever So Little - Zebra that I started Thursday night at stitch night. The rest of Saturday I spent helping out my dad clean out the attic - and I think i'm paying for that (i'm allergic to dust horribly and that with the mold I think is making me sick.).

Saturday night I crashed around 10 and Sunday I slept in until 10 :) Then we headed home after lunch with a desk for the bedroom, my parents will get it back some time after I can afford to buy a new desk but for now this was going unused so I borrowed it :)

After getting that all set up and eating plenty of ice cream and other junk food I decided to work a bit more on my Ever So Little - Zebra, I now have only 1 and 1/2 stripes left to finish him, maybe i can finish him at lunch today... oh that reminds me - I must put up my goals for the month :)

Legends didn't get any attention, this month I hope to finish the border around Magic and the word Magic and start on Wisdom at some point but first my focus will be on my new quilt. And now I must check out how I did on my goals this month and set some new ones!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I am finally back from my bday hibernation period :-) Nice to catch up on blogs this AM - so are you planning graduate school in the near future? I remember the GREs.... ugh.... tediously boring :-) I am sure you did well!!! I also had to take some stupid exam (expensive too) that was all about analogies. Really strange. It is focused for those in the mental health and medical fields. Since then, they have nixed it because folks found it to be stupid and unfair.... I didn't score well, but my graduate school didn't even look at that exam (whew!!) and I got into a good school nonetheless. So stressful! I hope yours goes smoothly! I hope to finish Petal Fairy before Wednesday (we'll see, lately when I sit to stitch other things pop up and I have to put my stitching down in frustration) - but will still work on LOD on Wednesday anyhow - see if I can get more border done LOL! Looking forward to your next progress pics when you have them :-)