Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Progress pics!

First, here's Legends Progress at 72 hours (approximately):

Click for a larger image. I changed the colors on the word Magic to be the next darker shades (930 and 931 instead of 931 and 932 I think), as my fabric hid the lighter blue completely.

And after 3 hours of piecing last night - here is where my Trip Around the World quilt is at (7 hours progress):

click for larger image

So last night I decided the quilt was more important than the website as I have my quilt get-together tonight and I wanted to bring my progress. So the website will wait until Wednesday. I spent most of the night cutting the rest of the tubes apart and sewing them together. Some of the rows were completely crooked but once they are together I don't think you can tell as much. This is 2 tubes of strips, so I have to sew one more tube together, I think I will cute the next one in half though and do two smaller ones seperately in the hopes that they come out straighter. This probably won't happen until next week some time though, I need another 2 evenings to get the whole diamond done then I need to add the borders still.

No gym last night which was bad, but I really wanted to finish this much. Tonight after my quilt thing I will definately go to the gym, and tomorrow I need to clean, work on the website and go to the gym, sounds manageable.
My new monitor came in - it looks good too and it's so light!! Now I just have to get rid of my 21" crt which weighs a ton :) And I have my livingroom end table back because the new monitor takes up a tiny space on it - makes the whole room look larger :) My harddrive also arrived so I"m going to go try ghosting that right now so maybe my laptop will be back to working this afternoon - keeping fingers crossed.

Oh - to answer Carol's question, we're not really doing much for vacation, I'm just taking the week off, we have a wedding in NJ on the 20th to attend, then we're going to NYC for 2 nights to see Phantom of the Opera and Blue Man Group and do some general sight seeing. Tuesday on the way back home we'll stop at Six Flags in CT and then visit my sister for dinner. That leaves Wednesday, THursday and Friday to just relax and get things done (work on the website) before my boyfriend starts school up again the following monday....

So... 7 more work days until vacation!!!

No comments: