Friday, August 05, 2005

Aaaaaag! What a night!

Well I headed out after work - up to my uncle's to meet up with my boyfriend and just hang out for the night. He calls me a few minutes after I had left to tell me his car had died! He was at a truck stop in NH waiting for a tow truck. And our AAA had just run out at the end of July and I hadn't renewed yet (because I have to call to do it since we moved and it had to be tranferred)... needless to say I did the transfer today just in case now! But that didn't help last night.

So he thinks his waterpump went. So he had the car towed to my uncle's and we looked at it. It's leaking coolant all over and makes a noise so my uncle agreed that it's probably the pump. This is not an easy thing to replace on an Audi.. the whole front end must be taken off and the radiator and such disconnected. But he's decided to do it himself because it's about a 12 hour job for a mechanic which means it would cost 1000 in just labor, while he's at it he's going to change the timing belt too which he needs anyway.

That's a new process, he's going to start it next week after he gets the parts he's ordering tonight.

As for me - I just have to go back up tonight if I want to see him at all because he won't be back down until tomorrow. So I'll be going home and then back up to NH for the night then back home tomorrow for my stamp party :)

Almost time to go home - I'm leaving early today so I should pay attention to my conference call now so I can head out as soon as I'm done.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Nikki - Please let me know - would you like some of my Storm Clouds waterlilies, or did you end up buying some?? :-)