Wednesday, December 31, 2003

New Years Eve!!

Of course not so much fun yet since I have 9 1/2 hours of work to get through but I got here a bit earlier so I can leave by 5!

Last night we watched Pirates of the Carribean, I stitched through most of it but I do like the movie, it makes me laugh for sure. They did a really good job with it. I got the second snowflake on my piece It's Winter by Sue Hillis - I will be posting a picture on my webpage soon now that I have visible progress and not just a blue block. I am enjoying it very much. I do however have to put it down soon and work on my round robin that is due Feb 1st. I'm also joining another round robin that will start probably in March sometime. I haven't decided what to do for that one but it might be this simple calendar piece since there are 6 of us, the whole calendar could be done. Only problem is that it has to be done on Aida which I don't have a lot of - maybe I'll get out my white and wash it (to make it softer) and dye it to look older - tea stained maybe. That will go good with the pattern I think.

So tonight will be poker and drinks. It may just be the four of us, or a few of my boyfriend's friends might come and make a larger group, although more than 6 makes poker tough. No matter what I'm sure it will be fun and I can go to bed soon after new years. I don't think we've stayed in at new years in a long time (going on maybe 6 years now). Definately will be a change to watch the ball drop on my tiny tv. I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve and of course, A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: