Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Another night of games...

So I work a long day, go home and play my new computer game with my boyfriend for a few HOURS - then go to bed and literally drag myself to the shower in the morning. Not tonight - i have to stop the cycle before I waste my life away. Tonight I will cross stitch and maybe watch tv while I cross stitch. Go to bed early (need to rest up for new years eve).

I found a new job possibility yesterday, it's an option in boston so I'm really hopefull, i'll put in my resume maybe tonight, and the interviews are on campus in the beginning of Feb. It's a great opportunity so hopefully it also pays well :)

Today and tomorrow will be long days, my friend at work is on vacation so I have no one to talk to during breaks and the days will drag for sure. 9 1/2 hours today and 9 tomorrow, then only 4 on friday but she'll be back by then.

In the world of cross stitch, i'm coming up with new ideas for some large projects. Right now I'm stitching the Dragon Dreams Virtue Series for a round robin - that will get 6 of them done, 2 done already. I will then continue them myself and maybe my sister and grandmother will each stitch one for me. Maybe do another round robin with them as well - there are 14 in total so it would have to be a small round robin. Then they will be made into a quilt. Well I saw someone else's idea (i take no credit) who changed their colors and made a quilt for a new baby. That would be perfect for when I have kids. (eventually). I could do them in light pink like her, or mix it up a bit and for a girl do light pink and purples mixed together, or use softer greens for either and for a boy light blues, or just mix them all up and do soft colors (blue, pink, purple, green, yellow) for all of them - there is one dragon that really only looks good green and it's the one i stitched for my round robin (Strength) - breathing fire so the fire clashes with the pink/blue. This quilt will be for my first child - but maybe I'll just start working on it when I have children and add other names to it if i have more (really only want 2 kids). Then finish it as a wall quilt for their room. I doubt I'll want to make a seperate one for each child, but maybe dragons for one child and castles or something or a different dragon quilt for the other. This is all years from now but my mind sure does like to run so I go with it - and right now it's going back to work!!!

No comments: