Thursday, December 11, 2003

And it's day 2.

OK, so I get home last night and my dad is working on my hot water problem (no water pressure). About 8pm he tells me that i will have no hot water tonight or tomorrow. Great. So i pack up all my stuff to head down to my boyfriend's house. He was currently at my house as well. It was nice to shower in a pressured shower. This getting up at 6am is really hurting me though. Thankfully i only have to do it for 5 weeks then it's back to getting up at 8.

My boyfriend started reading the DaVinci Code last night - i highly recommend this book, it isn't among the great literary works or anything but the actual story is amazing. It captures you and I personally couldn't put it down, seems to be doing the same to my boyfriend since he was up to midnight reading (i went to sleep at 10). I did get some stitching done last night...

So I'm stitching this miniature quilt for my aunt for Christmas. I started using Caron Wildflowers for the first time and loved it, only one color, the rest was DMC, now i'm almost finished with the "inside" part of the quilt and the Caron Wildflowers border just doesn't go. So last night I took the border out. Now I have to not only redesign the border but also choose new colors that do go and get this all done by next weekend. It's small but it's completely filled in so it's taking a while. I do hope she likes it. I'm designing it as I go along and maybe after I get PCStitch or something I'll put it on my website for others to use (not that it's hard to design yourself however).

I also updated my webshots album last night to include my updated WIP - Herbal Sampler. (The link is on the right). For some reason though webshots is being funny with some of my pics and they act like they're not there. Hopefully that gets straightened out today.

Well here I am back at work, wishing I could be home stitching. Unlike yesterday, today I have a full 9 hour day -- then only 4 hours tomorrow and a trip to Joann's fabrics tomorrow!! That should be good. I may need to stop by Stop and Shop today however because I'm out of milk and a few things.

No need to go on further and bore anyone that may be reading this - time to find something else to do in this oh so fun working environment!

No comments: