Monday, December 29, 2003

And Christmas is over ...

Well I must say that the past 4 days were the best 4 days I had all year! Christmas eve dinner at my boyfriend's was great, his parents got me a really nice set of stoneware dishes that I love and dinner and conversation was at an all time high. The little kitten slept in my lap after dinner which completed the night for me and I headed home grinning.

Christmas morning was later than normal but it was wonderful, we made some tea, opened stockings and then presents. My parents went all out and I got a ton of stuff, my sister and I got mostly the same gifts, a lot of baking and kitchen stuff and digital cameras! I also got one of the table standing Ott lights, true light. I love it!

After that it was off to my grandmother's for dinner, I got PC Stitch from them and a gift certificate to Joann's from my uncle. Then the boyfriend's came up to our house and we did gifts, my boyfriend got me a ton of cross stitch stuff, mostly things for organizing my floss. That was put to good use on friday :)

Friday my sister, mom and I hit the mall so my sister could return stuff and we could buy some christmas ornaments. It was quick and easy and only when we were leaving did the mall really start to get packed. Then it was off to Joann's to use my gift card and then home to organize all my floss (3 hours organizing) I now have 400 colors organized in stitch bow cases (minus about 30 colors that are missing or being used for projects). Then my mom cooked dinner and we played games all night. It was a great day/night.

Saturday I had the day to myself, I watched movies, stitched for 3 hours during Lord of the Rings the extended editions (1 and 2). Sunday was another relaxed day, we went to dinner and then to walmart and bought a new computer game which we then played for a few hours until bed time.

Now it's monday and I'm back at work for a nice long 9 hour day. I can't wait to get home and stitch some more tonight (or play computer games) :) I've been eating my Christmas candy for the last 2 hours ;) So with that i'll get back to work and let my wonderful 4 day vacation travel to the land of memories!

No comments: