Wednesday, December 10, 2003

December 10 - The first Blog...

I've been reading a few stitcher's blogs for a while now and with all this free time at work, thought I'd join in the fun. A little about myself...

I am a student, a senior in college to be more specific. I am graduating in May 2004 and right now actively searching for that full time job that will make me rich at a young age and pay off my student loans. Right now it is my winter break between semesters and I am working full time as a Software Engineer, this I have done on most of my summer and winter breaks from school. I also work a part time job during school and breaks, this is more along the lines of web design and database programming and I currently have two new projects that are keeping my little free time busy.

Besides work and school I stitch. I started 2 years ago and have just become more and more addicted. This past summer the collecting part really hit me and I have quite a collection of fabric, floss and patterns, which is good since I have no money now (due to school and holidays) but I still have plenty to stitch without buying more.

Currently I have 4 WIPS, a breadcloth, a snowman piece for a stitch-a-long that I'm way behind in, a miniature quilt that i'm trying to finish for a christmas present and a sampler of Herbs for my kitchen which is coming along very nicely. I stitch an average of 30 hours a week and being that i'm an organization freak i keep track of the number of hours per day and per project. I also keep an online album of pictures of my finished and in progress works. This can be found at this address:
Album

So that completes my first blob... I will update often the first 5 weeks since I'm at work with hardly any work to do.
Have a stitchy day!

No comments: