Monday, December 15, 2003

A weekend full of fun.

I really don't know where to begin - basically I got no stitching done this weekend, but lots of other things accomplished. Saturday morning was interesting to say the least, we got our Christmas tree and after some chaos that I won't go into, we got it up and decorated. It really looks nice and just having it up really makes it feel like Christmas. After that I cleaned the house - almost at the same time my brother and his band came over to practice - oh boy- so i finished up quick and showered. So then I went out to start my holiday shopping, mostly Walmart and Hannaford (groceries) and now I'm about half done with the shopping. Then it was home to wrap presents and head to my boyfriend's house to watch a movie.

Sunday - got up early - what a change, and we did a lot. I made the hot cocoa mix i'm giving as gifts to some people, and the cookie mix. A few short breaks, my boyfriend working on his final project due today and then i sat down to help him. I made a webpage for him to display all his information and sound clips, i editted sound clips to use as links and made graphics for links on the side bar. It was a long day and by 8 it was completed, but my day wasn't over. I still had to bake my muffins and cook my food for the week - and do a lot of dishes. After this it was time to shovel - about a foot of snow had landed and i didnt' want to save it all for the early hours of the morning for sure!

Well it kept snowing and this morning I had another foot of snow to shovel and this time it was heavy with sleet mixed in. So I was only 10 minutes late to work and boy were those roads a challenge. I'm not looking forward to the drive home, especially since it's been snowing lightly all day long. I do only have about 2 hours left of work (i say only because this is an 11 hour day for me with an hour of that being exercise). I do have a lot of work which is nice, keeps me busy but it does get boring since it's not programming, just diagrams and descriptions. At least i get paid well - and soon (Thursday).

So that was my weekend - no stitching, no work - that's all pushed to this week. I really need to stitch the mini quilt for my aunt, so i have to get cracking on that and i still have some shopping to do. Friday I plan on getting out early and heading up to the mall to finish up shopping, Wednesday i leave a little early so we can go see Lord of the Rings - opening night :)
No need to ramble further. Gotta get back to work now!

No comments: