Friday, November 10, 2006

Let the headaches begin - or continue anyway...

Well I left work at 4 like planned - and I got home, set up to do homework in the diningroom with my bf who was studying. This is the only time we've ever had both laptops on the diningroom table and all our work. Well homework did not go well - it is extremely confusing and hard. After 4 hours I have 3/9 questions done and they aren't 3 that needed real focus (they were the easy ones basically), I haven't answered any of the ones I spent time trying to figure out.

Well finally it was 9pm so I went in the bedroom to read a bit to see if that would help - I hear bf go in to the bathroom and then i hear a wierd noise - i'm sure bf is in the bathroom so it can't be him - what is that?? I run out and sure enough water is dripping onto our diningroom table from the fan above (with both of our computers and work spread out!).

Disaster averted - I quickly moved everything and bf ran upstairs to talk to neighbors - someone was in the shower so a pipe must have broken or something, so we called the landlord but at 9:30/10 there's nothing he's going to do. So we moved everything and set up towels to catch any residual dripping.

I had a horrible headache at this point and was horribly depressed about my hw not going well so I fell asleep reading more queueing theory. It looks like tonight it will be more of the same. I need to stop at the mall and get my sister a birthday gift (for tomorrow) and then back to working on this homework - i really need to get it almost done tonight as I just don't have time this weekend!

The worst part is that my headache started up again before I even got up this morning so it's going to be a long rough day!

No comments: