Thursday, November 30, 2006

I miss...

I miss quilting - I mean really quilting - working on my amish quilt that I was really smoking on last year and put away to finish a second machine quilted version as a gift :(

I miss knitting - I just can't fit enough hobbies in the day and knitting was the most expensive, I couldn't afford to buy enough yarn to do a sweater or anything fun so after I knitted myself with hats for last christmas I haven't touched it since (that's 11 months and counting with no knitting).

I miss scrapbooking - I really got on a kick and started a scrapbook to just be an embellished photo album, I have tons of stamps and accessories, used mostly for cards but I wish I had time to sit with my photos and make interesting pages up for my pictures, I've been a little better taking pictures but do nothing with them but collect right now.

I miss video games - zelda (on nintendo 64) is always there mocking me but I can't justify the time to sit and play even though I love it... and computer games ... when I do take a few hours I feel guilty afterward and always get a headache, I miss playing diablo for 8 hours straight in my dorm room!

I miss the sunshine - I know winter is just starting but I hate leaving work in the dark, I love the summer when I get up and it's light and I leave work and it's light out -- not dreary all day and dark by 4 :(

On the other hand.. because I limit myself on my hobbies things I don't have to miss and get to enjoy often:
Reading! Audiobooks (while driving). Stitching! Embroidery (not just lately but I do have a block ready to piece and start up next week).

I think I'm procrastinating working on something right now so my mind is drifting to all the things I'm not getting to do right now -- and with a test to study for I can't help but wish for more free time... oh and then there's the website I have to work on this december.. can't forget that!

No comments: