Monday, July 18, 2005

Stitcher's Hideaway this weekend!

I drove out Friday morning and came home late Saturday night. It was a great weekend, with lots of stitching time and on Friday we got to see some of Sturbridge Village's antique needlework collection which was a real treat! I have really enjoyed both Stitcher's Hideaway events now and look forward to going to another sometime soon.

So Ellen Chester was our teacher and we had a project called "Call of the Sea". We only had 2 hours of class on Friday but Saturday we had another 6 hours of class time. I shopped a bit at the stores that set up and bought a few new patterns and some gingham fabric. I also shopped at Sturbridge's gift shop and bought some candles. So without further ado, here's some pictures.

Here's the first project, the front of the scissor case stitched Friday and finished Saturday:


And the second project is the ship, each sail is a different stitch. This was stitched saturday:


And the accessories that came with Call of the Sea. I bought the scissors and needlecase and the others came with the kit:


What I won as a door prize!!


The Butterfly designed by Sue, I have finished cutting and removing threads and I just started wrapping bars, the last step in the butterfly part is needleweaving the actual butterfly before stitching the border on the outside.


So the trip was great. Of course when I got home I went right to sleep :) Sunday my boyfriend and I went to barnes and noble and bought some books and decided we definately need a new bookcase so we shopped online when we got home and bought a double bookcase that's 5'4" tall with 5 shelves. We're hoping it arrives by next weekend and we can set it up. Then my current bookcase that my dad built me will move into my bedroom where we have a tiny one from walmart right now which we can then either get rid of or bring home to my parents if they could use it. I just can't wait to reorganise my books and fit all of my boyfriend's law school books on the shelves instead of under the coffee table!

So no progress on Legends. But I did quilt a bit last night and finished the first cross hatched triangle. I also started the second one and hope to work more on that at lunch today. We started season one of Alias last night, it's a tough show to stitch during, but after the first double episode I was able to quilt since I learned the character's voices better.

I don't think I'm going to finish all 4 triangles this month on my quilt, I do plan to at the very least finish 2, and then in August finish the other 2 and start the green border, that leaves the rest of the green border for September and the blue border in October. This is definately not enough time but I have decided that if I can't get the quilt to her by the wedding, maybe by Christmas will be okay??? I'm not giving up hope yet.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like your retreat was wonderful - again! Maybe I should sign up for the next one with you!! They sound wonderful!! I love the little scissor case you made - and congratulations on winning a door prize too :-)