Thursday, July 14, 2005

A really long night....

Well I watched my cousins last night, and at first it was great, I had them all in bed sleeping by 8, with no problems. Then my boyfriend and I watched Hitch and headed up to bed by 11. Then the baby woke up, I tried to let her fall back asleep but it wasn't happening, so finally I went in and layed her down again and she seemed okay for a bit. But soon after she was screaming and calling "mama" over and over. I finally had to go get her and I brought her downstairs after 15 minutes of rocking her and her not falling asleep, just crying. I changed her diaper and layed on the couch with her crying and me trying to sleep.

Finally the oldest woke up from the crying (what I was trying to prevent). That calmed her sister down a bit and I brought them up to their parents room and we all went to sleep on the bed. By now it's 1am. Finally I put the baby in the crib and she was fine. I picked the 5 yr old up to carry her to bed and I hear a little voice (it was the 3 year old - almost 4 - saying she was scared). So I brought them both into their room and layed in bed between them. Finally at 1:40 am I heard the door downstairs and I went to get up but the youngest was still awake and strapped to my arm. Luckily their mom came up to check on them and I was able to escape with her scooping up the 3 yr old.

2 minutes later I was out in my own bed, and awake by 6 :( I am exhausted to say the least, I haven't been up that late since new years and generally I get to sleep in later when I do stay up. It was a long night and I have a headache from the baby crying too. I can't wait to go home and it's not even 9 am.

So today I work until 4:30, we're going out to lunch because a coworker is leaving the company, today's his last day. Otherwise I would skip lunch and go home at 3:30 so I could take a nap. Then it's stitch night tonight, but it will be a short night for sure, I will go, maybe stitch a little on blackwork dragon or something (not sure I'm up for starting anything new, I will save that for next week). Then go home and pack for Stitcher's Hideway! (then sleep)

I will be gone all day friday and saturday for Stitcher's Hideaway in Sturbridge, probably wont' be online Sunday but I will have details on Monday and maybe i'll remember to take some pictures this time!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Ooooo, have fun at the retreat - I can't wait to see pictures!!!! I am so jealous of you right now :-)