Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My bookcase arrived!

Well no studying for the GRE's or cleaning happened last night. I got home and my bookcase was on the porch, unfortunately the box was damaged and that led to a few dents - which made me a little mad at first but the bookcase is so large that you don't really notice.

Then began the process of deciphering the directions and putting the bookcase together, this was tough. After about 2 hours I was starting on the second half and my hand was sore from the screw driver and hex wrench. Finally when I got the the mantel my hand was really bad and I started using packing stuff around the screw driver to easy my hand a bit.

Then came tightening all the large screws once it was standing (taller than i am by the way). This led to the hex wrench that came with the bookcase becoming completely stripped. I searched around and found my mini hex set, which had the right size but the wrench was so small it was really hard to tighten and this hurt my hand more (more packing stuff used). Finally everything was tight enough for me to feel like it was done. It was 10pm.

So then I started moving books, dusting bookcases and vacuuming behind them. Then began the process of putting books on the new shelves, I didn't really organize them as i had wanted but they have a bit of order. Once that bookcase was filled (yup the new bookcase is already full), i moved my good one into my bedroom and 3/4 of the way filled that (yup almost full). Then I moved the small cheap one i had in the bedroom to the hallway. Not sure yet what i'm doing with that, if it fits in my closet anywhere i may use it there.

So where did all this stuff come from??? Well I no longer have my boyfriend's law books underneath the coffee table and end tables. ALL books are on the bookcase. My bedroom bookcase holds my DMC stitchbow cases, and miscellaneous stuff that was on there before, some stitching, my jewelry boxes etc. That can definately be organized and more room created. I think my Stash of patterns will be moved out to my bedroom bookcase from the closet soon too which leaves more closet room for stamping stuff (and clothes). I do need to go through my clothes sometime soon as well and get rid of old stuff.

So that was my night, by 11 I had finished moving things around enough for me to feel done. The apartment however really needs to be cleaned now and my diningroom is full of boxes/packing stuff from the bookcases. So tonight my plan is to clean (vacuum) and take out the garbage in an orderly fashion. Then take a practice GRE. This should be manageable, i'd really like to fit in gym time too.

That leaves tomorrow to do a second GRE and go to the gym. Maybe get to work on the website but i'm not getting my hopes up. So today it's back to work, probably another long day since I have friday off, and i sure am hungry, i may be going out to get lunch today, i need some cash too, i wonder where the closest atm is...

No comments: