Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Oh my I have a lot of stuff...

Well I didn't stitch last night, my quick packing of the closet took HOURS! I used up all 6 bins that I had bought plus a few boxes and there's still stuff in my closet!!! I can't believe how much crafting stuff I have.

1 HUGE box with yarn/knitting stuff (and i hardly knit!)
3 boxes of stamping stuff
1 bin with all our framed pieces (mostly cross stitch!) wrapped in fabric
1 bin of fabric (quilting)
2 small bins of sewing/quilting supplies and fabrics and notions
1 bin of cross stitch supplies (not patterns OR fabric! - those aren't packed yet)
1 bin of quilting books and fabric (that's a heavy one)
1 bin of misc. top shelf stuff (scrap books/photo books/stuff to be scrapbooked)

This is a little insane. I'm looking at all the bins and wondering where it all fit in my closet -i'm really good at organizing evidently! My closet is still filled with clothes and my xstitch patterns and fabrics to all be packed. Some are in drawer units I may not remove them from, just use stretch wrap around them and pack that way.

So needless to say I didn't get much stitching done, I did baste a little more on my RR and I hope to start my house tonight at my aunts' where i can't pack :)

Oh and now I'm out of bins - I need to either buy a few more or try to use all boxes for the rest. Bins are nice because you can put heavy things in them with no worries. I planned on using the small boxes I have for all our books (we have SO Many books!) Yikes, deep breaths, no need to feel overwhelmed, I have a whole weekend to pack up books and dvds and such. I CAN do this!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh I don't envy you all that packing. I was surprised how much crafty stuff I had when we moved 3 yrs ago, and it's increased since then!

claudia said...

Oh my! You do have stash! You made me start thinking about all that I have in my stash closet(s). UGH! I hope I don't have to move. I would need a moving van just to get the stash taken care of. Just remember...Rome wasn't built in a day.