Thursday, May 31, 2007

A little progress:
I know it isn't much, that pathway took me forever, especially since I was designing it as i went along and had to rip it out a bit. I went with a mosaic stitch, small at first then larger for the second part, then switched to a diamond, alternating diagonal pattern for the part behind the fence. The mosaic stitch was too dense under the fence and took away from it too much and the diamond is kind of hidden inside a mosaic when you stitch 4 mosaic stitches in a square so I went with that.

It came out alright, then I started the two pine trees, I'm making this house similar to the house I grew up in so certain things are key (blue house/pine trees). Tonight I'll finish the tree and put in some grass and then start on the gardens.

Oh it felt so good to be back to stitching! It has felt like forever (I know it was just last week some time!) This weekend - unpack and stitch!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Your house block looks fantastic!!

Michelle said...

So cute! The path looks amazing and really textured.

claudia said...

Congrats on the move! What a whirlwind! Love your house and pathway, very cute!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your RR is looking wonderful.

Joanne