Monday, May 14, 2007

CELEBRATIONS (finally) - in order

First off I took a punch needle class - and thursday night when I got home I finished up the little sheep pin which was the practice piece:
Punchneedle was fun and fast but I had even more fun using french knots in the beginner's knotwork class with Teresa Laymen. I worked on this piece in my free time saturday as well:Friday night was the round robin, we got 4 projects and when my friend and I got back to my aunt's I started one of them. The petals are 3-d and i know mine looks like a corn on the cob - it will be ripped and redone a little wider and shorter but it's a really neat weaving technique!
And finally my favorite class with Catherine Strickler - Kate's Necessaire. We worked on one of the pockets for the inside and we made that round pin cushion (not finished yet but it's round at least). This kit comes with all finishing supplies and I can't wait to make the little book!
Celebrations was great. I ended up spending a ton - I didn't get a picture off all the stuff I bought because Sunday I organized it all and put it in my binders before realizing I hadn't taken pictures yet. But I have enough to keep me happy for quite a while!

I've been thinking about the neighborhood RR and I can't wait, i picked out my house pattern and I just have to grid some fabric. I'm going to do a 10 block layout (2 rows of 5) and leave the last block for the names to go in, i'll grid it out to fit the names as well. I'm very excited now and with a June 1st deadline I better be! :)

1 comment:

claudia said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I used to to the needle punch years ago. Of course that was a few moves ago and I have lost most of the stuff I need to do it again. I actually get to go to Michael's today, so I may pick up the things I need to start again. I love needle punch! All of your stitching looks great and what FUN!!!