Wednesday, January 28, 2004

When it snows it snows!

I woke up this morning to a good 8 inches of snow - nice and light, but snow none the less. Luckily it is wednesday so I can stay cooped up and get work done. Instead of work however I proceeded to read for 2 hours this morning, finishing the book Middlesex - which was great! Then it was 11, so I showered and then went out and shoveled. After that I painted a bit - i've been painting (stencilling) this small box I bought that I will put cross stitch on top of. I'm stenciling green/gold leaves on it, all four sides are done now, but I think i will do a second layer of leaves too. After that I finally started some homework, 2 hours of financial accounting and I'm taking the dumb course Pass/Fail! Anyhow, the homework is done for chapter 3 and that means I should do well on the quiz. We have a project due on Sunday that needs more work but i'll do that this weekend I think.

As for stitching - All I have left of Carol's RR is backstitching now - which is great, I can get that to her pretty soon. I also worked on my quilt last night - both of the blocks I cut out pieces for are complete, the large teapot and the sugar bowl. I should scan them in sometime since they're pretty small. Next I have to pick colors out and start the other blocks (3 left to go).

So my priority is to finish Carol's piece - and embroider my castle some more - that's been at a stand still. After that is done a bit I will start the new kit my mom bought for me to make for her on Saturday. Speaking of Saturday - the Quilting Bee - it was up in Latham, it was a really good time, 3 good hours of stitching (on It's Winter) and we went to a quilt store and ate lots of food :) ACMoore was on the way home which has been all moved around so we browsed through that whole place.

Sunday was a walmart trip and that's where I picked up the stencil and paints to start the box. I have to pick out some fabric still to line the inside of the box, but I also need to pick out a cross stitch design to put on top... hmmm.. maybe a dragon pattern for me, or should this be a gift? I can always recreate this - with a different stencil design, this is really a practice one anyway, since I dont' know how to do the inside or anything.

Well - It's back to homework now, read for computer so maybe I can start the problem set that's due on monday! Uck!!!

No comments: