Sunday, January 18, 2004

Three more days off...

Well my 6 day vacation (due to Monday off) is halfway over. I've managed to get a bunch of chores done, including get the last of the storm windows put on and burn all the garbage. Next on my list is to clean the bath tub and vacuum my room and the bathroom sometime.

I've now put down It's Winter by Sue Hillis (after posting my progress pic in my WIP album) and started on Carol's RR from the first round robin. I figure I'll devote my time to that, finish it and send it on it's way - then back to It's Winter and maybe starting a new one.

For my new round robin i have a few things to do to prepare my piece, but the stitched piece is done already so I just have to section off the fabric and print out the patterns etc.

I'm thinking of starting my new quilt this weekend (week), I bought a bunch of coordinating fabrics yesterday and I'm going to do it all by hand instead of machine (except the actual piecing). This means it will take longer but I think i'll enjoy it more and treasure the quilt more. Another new project will be starting my embroidery piece now that i have the exact fabric i want to use, it's a matter of printing out the pattern and getting the pattern transferred with my mom's light box. Then learning the stem stitch :)
That's all for updates - feeling better, nose is recovering and I'm looking forward to this nice relaxing day!

No comments: