Wednesday, January 07, 2004

My last wednesday here...

So i finally put away the Christmas decorations last night - my boyfriend's are still up but he can do them any time he has much more free time then me right now, and the tree is still up but cleared. I also cooked dinner again (that's two nights in a row!). I may go grocery shopping after work today, get some steak and make egg noodles for dinner. I could pick up some beef too for this weekend, i'm thinking about making home made meatballs. (that would be a first).

I finished stitching the first little person on Carol's RR... Uncle Sam. He looks great. He took 5 hours total so I just need another 5 hours probably to finish her RR completely. I also found some new hobbies - I'm going to try embroidery, this greenwork castle design that this woman sent me, she and her sister designed it and it came out great so i'm going to give it a try. Also sketching, i've been trying to draw dragons, it's hard and my drawings look like children's drawings but i'll keep at it.. something i can do at work for now when i'm bored. I always wanted to be an artist, i loved to draw, i just was never good at it, maybe though, maybe i can practice at it and do better. Starting small, i need to get some models. I'd like to sketch and then turn into cross stitch later so they really have to be proportional to come out good.

So now i've added two hobbies, applied for more part time jobs and i'm never going to have a free second to myself at this rate! All well, keeping busy will keep me from getting lazy, i also want to walk 3 days a week starting tuesday and go to the gym on Mon and Thur (that part isn't hard i did it last semester).

This is my last wednesday here, probably for good because i doubt i'll work here after i graduate (you never know though). Anyhow - 2 days to go, plus today which is 2 1/2 hours over so far (out of 9). So i'll get back to my sketching :)

No comments: