Monday, April 09, 2007

Barnabee just needs beads!


I finished the backstitching last night, beads are all that's left to finish this one up! And last week I ordered Lady Scarlet's Journey (the three charts). I will save the finishing on Barnabee until I finish Scarlet as well and then figure out how i want to finish them together.

Weekend update --
Horror of Horrors Friday night. I got home from work around 10pm and needed to make the princess hat to match the princess dress I made two months ago (the birthday party got delayed). So I take out the dress to just iron the hem quick - but the iron was on a Cotton setting and next thing I know I have a HUGE hole at the bottom of the dress! And it's after 10pm!

Well a little fabric glue and some extra fabric patched the hole.. I really should have ripped out a bit of the stripe and resewn it but I just had no time, it was too late. So I made the matching hat and just lived with it.

Saturday my sister and I went up to celebrate birthdays and easter with family, the 3 yr old loved the dress and hat, the kids were great, it was a great time.

Sunday was a low key day - saturday night was a late night because my fiance had friends over to celebrate his birthday and they stayed up till 3am, which meant i was up till 3am. So I was fighting headaches all day sunday, but I did manage to do that little bit of backstitching on Barnabee.

Tonight my goal is to maybe do the beads, not sure if I will have time or how I will feel.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Barnabee looks great! Congrats on finishing it. I am sure you will have those beads on in no time. Good idea to finish both of them together.

Carol said...

Yay Nikki!