Monday, April 23, 2007

Almost done!!!
Here's Peaceful Silhouette with just backstitching left. I started the backstitching and oh boy does that take forever! Those boats are going to take a long time but the doc and the posts with the bird are all finished! I'm so very excited and I hope to work on this little by little this week and by next week I'll have a finished picture to share!!!!

I also received an AMAZING birthday gift - a quilt! From 2 coworkers, one who moved away a short while ago and now she shares and office with another that I befriended while I was out visiting CA a few years ago. They worked together and made me a quilt - pictures to come tomorrow! It really is amazing and I have no idea what I can do for them that even compares! My idea that I had does not even come close to measuring up!!

On another note - in response to a comment - I did actually make the jewel case boxes as I'd planned - spent a good hour or more and I will take some pictures tonight as well to share, they are just made from an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock. I hope to dress them up a bit more in the future but for now they organize my jewel cases.

what amazing weather! We really enjoyed the weekend and I'm sorry the weather won't last much longer but it's great right now and I just went for a quick walk to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Great progress, you must be pleased to be so close to a Happy Dance. A close friend made me a quilt for Christmas last year, and I treasure it.

Carolyn said...

Peaceful Silhoutte looks amazing! I just now noticed the two people fishing on the dock - I love it!! Can't wait to see the quilt your friends sent - I'm sure you deserve it. :)