Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Stitching something completely new to me...
 
That's right, last night I started stitching on Mercedes' Round Robin piece which is a band sampler.  So far everyone has chosen their own patterns and used the hand dyed floss to make everything come together, it's beautiful.  I'm the last to stitch on it and I already had the pattern chosen (from Carol).  Well of course the colors called for are DMC and Anchor, so I went through the GAST and SSS to find some colors to substitute and started on the house last night.  This is all new, the threads and just choosing colors.  I will actually have to buy some colors, probably some SSS to finish it, I need more yellows and maybe some greens but I'm loving this whole idea. 
 
So, as you may be able to tell, i finished the other RR I was working on, sunday night I put in the last whirls and posted a pick in my album before mailing it out yesterday.  The rest of the weekend I didn't do much besides watch movies and just relax with my boyfriend but sunday night was quite busy, besides stitching I also unpacked, baked bran muffins, cooked dinner and baked brownies.  Unlike last night where I got home, went through my mail and stuff, then sat down to stitch until about 8, then i packed and just watched a movie. 
 
I'm babysitting my 3 cousins tonight, really looking forward to it, but that means if I go to my other uncle's tomorrow night I won't be home until thursday night so i had a lot of packing to do.  Plus thursday I will have a lot of prep to do so we can paint on friday, including just cleaning the apartment and going to home depot.  Luckily friday is another pay day :)
 
Well - today should be a good day, got some reading to do and a few meetings, and i gotta get to the gym !!!

No comments: