Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Didn't realize i forgot to blog...

About the weekend that is... Last weekend was packed.  I came home friday and my boyfriend and I painted the dark green in the livingroom and hallway.  Then we drove out to see a movie, it was sold out, went to home depot instead for paint for the diningroom and then back - ended up just going to bed.
Saturday we put the second coat of the dark green on, then cleared out the bedroom and started to prime in there.  Got almost done and found water damage that the paint wasnt' covering, stopped priming (need to buy more anyway) and tried calling the landlord - no answer.  Decided to be done for the day, and headed up to NH to buy furniture.

So we already knew what couch/loveseat set we wanted but with our luck it had been discontinued as of the week before!  IT would have cost only 1000, instead our next cheapest choice was 1500 - so we searched and finally found a leather set we liked, but it cost 1800 -- we also bought coffee table, end tables and a rug - 2500 total.  But now we have to wait a week and a half to get it all.

So then we went to my uncle's house, played with the kids, stayed up playing video games with my uncle and headed home in the morning.  We got home to find out the diningroom ceiling fan was leaking water onto our new table!  So we cleaned it up, thankfully no damage and got a hold of the landlord.  He fixed the problem upstairs (the neighbors up there had been messing with the toilet and really messed things up for him).  He said he'd replace the fan later after it dried out.  It hasn't leaked since luckily.  So we basically did nothing after that.

Sunday night I worked, monday i worked, then came home and worked (website).  I also planted some of my plants, then tuesday work, then worked at home then today work.  But tonight I'm going to dinner and a movie with my aunt and uncle because my cousin is at girl scout camp.  A little over an hour left to go.  Hopefully I can finish the document I'm reviewing before I leave, that's my goal. 

So tomorrow night is cleaning then friday night my mom is going to be here to visit, saturday we'll hang out and do something that I haven't come up with yet and then she's heading to my sister's to visit.  My boyfriend got his new car on monday so i can't wait to take a ride in that (it's a used 1998 Audi A6).  He's been enjoying it, showing it to everyone, even my family already. 

The picture of the project for Stitcher's Hideaway was posted today  - I love it!  I can not wait until November to go!  I'm taking Friday off as a floating holiday to go.  It's going to cost me 380 total plus any stash i buy on top of that.  But I love the design and it's a great experience, i am so excited about it right now, i'm sending my deposit in friday.  Now I just need to budget out my money, with this new furniture, i need to get paid for my work on the website soon.

So that's my long and rambly update - no stitching to update, been busy working on the website since there's currently no deadlines close by.. but soon i'll have more RR's to finish up.  So now i'm off to check my email and get back to my document!

No comments: