Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And finally some sewing pics - sorry they are so dark/blurry.

So this weekend I came down with a horrible cold - it started late friday night and I was exhausted. Saturday i had a stitch in with a friend but I didn't have much energy for stitching so we just spent the time catching up mostly.

Sunday I was still tired and sick but I had to get my dad's birthday present done so I started slowly working on the Robe for my dad. My fiance brought DVDs into my sewing room and we watched Monk (he laid on the floor). I didn't manage to finish the robe until last night but here it is with me modeling it in my large mirror.
The fabric is labradors, it's a nice warm flannel. It's huge on me because it's an XL. I probably could have done just a Large but I figured big was okay since it's a robe :)
Here's the back and a little closer view of the puppies.

And here's the finished scarf to go with the hat for my mom. So all handmade birthday gifts are done! I just have to pick up an anniversary gift for my parents and i'll be done with gift giving until next month :)

Well back to work!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

The robe for your dad looks great, and I love the colours of your Mom's hat and scarf.

Wawanna said...

The scarf and hat look great, love the colors, you have done well! Your Mom & Dad will be so pleased to have something made especially for them by their precious daughter. You are so thoughtful and considerate.