Monday, September 18, 2006

What a weekend!

First we went to my uncle's saturday and I gave my cousin her dress, she LOVED it - truly. And she looked like such a princess in it. I have a picture but for her own privacy I cropped it so you can just see the dress but it looks better on someone than on a hanger so here it is:



Sunday was a really great day, we went out to our breakfast place, I cleaned the apartment (it's been a while!) Then we went shopping and I got some frames. After watching a movie (Birth which I don't really recommend, it was really bothersome at some points), I started framing a bunch of pieces... here are the results!

Blackwork Dragon on Wandering Ivy linen - framed with glass.

Kingdom Sampler framed with glass:

Going To Market framed with glass:

It's Winter framed without glass, and with batting to make it puffy:

Green Old Gardens, framed without glass, with batting:

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow - you picked great frames for your pieces! They all look fantastic - especially Kingdom Sampler. That is great you framed it so soon after you finished it. Usually mine languis around unframed.

Jinger said...

They all look wonderful! I especially love your Blackwork Dragon and Going to Market. Lovely!

The dress you made turned out great! Wish I could sew! Unfortunately the sewing maching and I have never managed to become friends. :-)

Singular Stitches said...

Your framed pieces are beautiful!

Jenn said...

Wow your finishes all look great. The dress is beautiful! You did a great job on it.