Monday, September 11, 2006

And the dress is just about finished.. after 20 hours of sewing this weekend (and yes it did wear me out completely), here it is:


It was a long weekend, Friday night I was up till 2am piecing the hot pink top, then saturday I had gotten the sleeves and collar on and was starting the skirt, my friend came over and chatted while I sewed the lining to the skirt pieces, then I finished the night adding horsehair to the bottom of the skirt.

So up sunday i started by hemming each skirt piece by hand (which took a good 4 hours watching movies). Finally I'm ready to piece it all, no small task but progress can be seen. The zipper task fell about 6pm (after 2 hours putting the skirt and dress together). Finally it's basically done and all I have left is to add trimmings (3 snaps and 2 hook and eyes). I started the hooks but my headache prevailed and I decided with just a few things to sew on by hand I could put it off till later in the week.

So there the dress is pretty much done. I want to get some fray check this week and treat all the seams with it and cut the frays off so it looks neater. Then saturday it will be presented in all it's glory to the little 5 yr old princess, my cousin :)

Tonight I start my class up - so no stitching, especially since I have a lunch time dentist appointment. I will try to get an update to Peaceful S. tomorrow on the scanner. Until then it's work and then class and then more baking...

5 comments:

Carol said...

I love the dress! So cute! Good luck starting class tonight! I took Kingdom Sampler to be framed on Friday - I can't wait to get it back! I am trying out my new LNS' framing services with this one.

Terri said...

It's wonderful! I didn't even read the post before this one and immediately *knew* that was Sleeping Beauty's dress!

Singular Stitches said...

How beautiful! Nicole, you did a fantastic job!! Your niece will be thrilled!! :o)

Michelle said...

Wow! What a beauty. You have done an amazing job with this!!

Kim said...

That is definately fit for a princess! What a lucky little girl. :D